The Australia national cricket team is one of the most successful cricket teams in the world. Being one of the first nations to play cricket, it has always been a forerunner in the game. The team also had an impressive record of winning consecutive 34 World Cup matches way back in 2011. Its rich history and a dynamic presence have made Australia one of the most popular teams in the world. Not just Australia, the team has its fans the world over. To let you know more about the Australia national cricket team, we have come up with this interesting post. Let’s proceed and know more about this legendary team.
Part 1. Australia National Cricket Team
The Australia cricket team represents the country on various international platforms like the World Cup and ICC tournaments. It is also the team that played the first cricket match ever, in 1877 against England. It acquired ICC status in 1909, being one of the founding nations of the federation. The team is known not only for its history but also for its impressive record.
Till date, it has played 911 one-day matches. Out of those, it has won 556 matches. It has won the World Cup 5 times, which is a record of its own. Besides that, it has also won two ICC Championship trophies as well. Even though the current ranking of the Australia national cricket team is 4th (Test), 5th (ODI), and 2nd (T20), it has maintained the peak position of 1st in both ODI as well as Test.
Part 2. Present Lineup of the Australia National Cricket Team
Having a history of around 150 years, the Australian national cricket team has had hundreds of players. It has witnessed a golden era in the 90s and even remained active during the World Wars. Even though it is presently being speculated for the ball tampering incident, it was once the best cricket team in the world. To know more about the Australian national cricket team, it is important to have a look at its players and key members.
• Bowling Coach: David Saker
• Batting Coach: Graeme Hick
• Spin Bowling Coach: John Davison
• Fielding Coach: Brad Haddin
• Fielding Consultant: Mike Young
The position of the head-coach of the team is currently vacant and is expected to be filled by the end of 2018. Here are the key active Australia cricket players.
• Aaron Finch (Right-handed batsman)
• Joe Burns (Right-handed batsman)
• Matt Renshaw (Left-handed batsman)
• David Warner (Left-handed batsman)
• Peter Handscomb (Right-handed batsman)
• Usman Khawaja (Left-handed batsman)
• Chris Lynn (Right-handed batsman)
• Shaun Marsh (Left-handed batsman)
• Cameron White (Right-handed batsman)
• Tim Paine (Wicket-keeper and test captain)
• Alex Carey (Wicket-keeper)
• Matthew Wade (Wicket-keeper)
• Ashton Agar (All-rounder)
• Hilton Cartwright (All-rounder)
• James Faulkner (All-rounder)
• Travis Head (All-rounder)
• Moises Henriques (All-rounder)
• Mitchell Marsh (All-rounder)
• Glenn Maxwell (All-rounder)
• Stephen O’Keefe (All-rounder)
• D’Arcy Short (All-rounder)
• Marcus Stoinis (All-rounder)
• Jackson Bird (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• Nathan Coulter-Nile (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Pat Cummins (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Josh Hazlewood (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• James Pattinson (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Jhye Richardson (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Kane Richardson (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• Chadd Sayers (Right-arm medium-fast bowler)
• Billy Stanlake (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Mitchell Starc (Left-arm fast bowler)
• Andrew Tye (Right-arm medium-fast bowler)
• Nathan Lyon (Right-arm off break spin bowler)
• Adam Zampa (Right-arm leg break spin bowler)
Part 3. Team’s Best Performance in Australia Cricket Match
After getting to know the complete Australia cricket team players, let’s have a look at some of their best performances.
1. Australia’s 5th World Cup Win
The Australia national cricket team has a record of winning the most World Cups so far. Here is a highlight of their last victory against New Zealand that gained them their 5th World Cup.
2. World Cup 1999 Semifinal Australia vs South Africa
This 1999 cricket match is known as one of Australia’s most thrilling performances ever. Let’s take a walk down the memory lane to relive those moments.
3. Australia vs West Indies 2007 World Cup
The 2007 World Cup was memorable for plenty of reasons. One of them was this winning performance by the Australia national cricket team.
4. Adam Gilchrist’s best performance
Adam Gilchrist might not be an active player, but he is certainly a legend. Let’s have a look at his inning against Sri Lanka during the World Cup of 2007.
5. Australia vs. World XI
It was in 2005 when the Australian national cricket team played against the World XI dream team. The rest was history.
6. World Cup 2003 Final
India and Australia played in the finals of the World Cup 2003. Ricky Ponting gave a memorable performance by scoring 140 runs.
7. Australia vs. Pakistan 1999 World Cup
Another striking performance of the Australian cricket team was witnessed in the 1999 World Cup when it played against Pakistan.
8. Mitchell Starc’s best performance
Another popular Australian cricketer is Mitchell Starc. Let’s have a look at his career-defining performance against India.
9. Australia vs Sri Lanka 2003 World Cup
Australia and Sri Lanka have been rivals for a long time. Let’s see what happened when they faced each other in 2003 World Cup.
10. Best of Shane Warne
Shane Warne is a living legend and probably the best spinner that has ever come out of Australia. Let’s have a look at some of his best spins.
Part 4. Watch Australia Cricket Match on Snaptube
To watch the highlights of plenty of other cricket matches, you can simply download Snaptube. It is a freely available app that is compatible with every leading Android device. Having a user-friendly interface and a fast-loading player, it will be a one-stop destination for every entertainment need of yours. From cricket highlights to movies, you will find it all in one place. Simply watch the videos of your choice whenever and wherever you want using Snaptube. Yes, it is really as simple as that. Download the app right away and make the most of your device.
updated by Chief Editor on 3月 11, 2020