The South Africa national cricket team has certainly come a long way in the last few decades. Once known as the best cricket team, it has faced a fair share of troubles in the past. When the team got a ban by ICC, people thought that it was the end for the South Africa team. Though, it came out stronger than ever and took everyone by surprise. If you are also a fan of this great team, then you are at the right place. We will have a look at some of the best innings of the team and know more about it in this post.
Part 1. Watch Cricket Match Highlights on Snaptube
Snaptube is a freely available Android app that will let you watch unlimited content for free. It has integrated a wide range of video sharing platforms. Therefore, you can search for every kind of video without switching between different apps. Furthermore, you will find an unlimited collection of cricket-related videos on Snaptube. Watch the highlights of the previous matches and stay updated with the latest cricket news. Do it all on Snaptube and never miss another match of the South Africa national cricket team.
Part 2. South Africa Cricket Team History
South Africa has a rich and impressive history in cricket. It played its first match against England way back in 1889 and got an ICC status in 1909. Sadly, in the 1960s, the country faced a ban from ICC. Though, the ban was lifted in 1991 and made the team more unified afterward. It has appeared in 7 World Cup tournaments so far and has maintained a consistent performance. Nevertheless, the team has never been able to take home a World Cup till date.
As of now, it holds the 2nd position in both, Test and ODI, and a 7th place in the T20. The team has a best-ever ranking of 1st position in all the formats of cricket. The South Africa national cricket team has played 420 test matches and 586 ODI matches so far. Out of them, they have won 157 test and 361 ODI matches. Even though the team was once the underdog, it is considered as one of the best cricket teams in the world presently.
Part 3. South Africa National Cricket Team Roster
The overall South Africa cricket squad and the managing staff are the backbones of any team. South Africa is no such exception as it has performed extremely well under the guidance of their coach. Let’s have a look at the complete managing staff and the lineup of the team.
• Head Coach: Ottis Gibson
• Assistant Coach: Malibongwe Maketa
• Batting Coach: Dale Benkenstein
• Bowling Coach: Claude Henderson
• Fielding Coach: Justin Ontong
• Fitness Trainer: Greg King
• Physiotherapist: Craig Govender
2. South African Cricket Players
The South African national cricket team has a selective group of batsmen, bowlers, and all-rounders. Here are all the active members of the team.
• Hashim Amla (Right-handed batsman)
• Temba Bavuma (Right-handed batsman)
• Stephen Cook (Right-handed batsman)
• Theunis de Bruyn (Right-handed batsman)
• Faf du Plessis (Right-handed batsman, and Captain)
• Dean Elgar (Left-handed batsman)
• Reeza Hendricks (Right-handed batsman)
• Heino Kuhn (Right-handed batsman)
• Aiden Markram (Right-handed batsman)
• David Miller (Left-handed batsman)
• AB de Villiers (Wicket-keeper)
• Quinton de Kock (Wicket-keeper)
• Mangaliso Mosehle (Wicket-keeper)
• Heinrich Klaasen (Wicket-keeper)
• Farhaan Behardien (All Rounder)
• Robert Frylinck (All Rounder)
• JP Duminy (All Rounder)
• Wiaan Mulder (All Rounder)
• Chris Morris (All Rounder)
• Wayne Parnell (All Rounder)
• Vernon Philander (All Rounder)
• Dwaine Pretorius (All Rounder)
• Andile Phehlukwayo (All Rounder)
• JJ Smuts (All Rounder)
• Morné Morkel (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Lungi Ngidi (Right-arm medium-fast bowler)
• Duanne Olivier (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• Dane Paterson (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Kagiso Rabada (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Dale Steyn (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Beuran Hendricks (Left arm fast-medium)
• Keshav Maharaj (Left arm orthodox spinner
• Aaron Phangiso (Left arm orthodox spinner
• Tabraiz Shamsi (Left arm unorthodox spinner
• Imran Tahir (Right-arm leg break spinner)
Part 4. Best Performances in South Africa Cricket Match
Just like every other team, South Africa also had its winning moments. To treat the fans of the cricket team, we have come up with this thoughtful list.
1. South Africa vs Australia (world record)
To start with, let’s have a look at the world record that was created by South Africa by scoring 434 runs. Though, it was soon broken by Australia, it remains as one of their best performances till date.
2. South Africa vs Bangladesh T20
When it comes to the T20 format, anything is possible. Their match against Bangladesh was certainly entertaining and memorable.
3. India vs South Africa T20
If you like watching the T20 tournaments, then you should certainly check these quick highlights of the match played between India and South Africa.
4. South Africa vs Australia test match
Test matches might be slow, but this one certainly had an upbeat pace. Have a look for yourself.
5. Sri Lanka vs South Africa ODI match
Sri Lanka and South Africa always had a neck to neck competition. This ODI match between these two great teams was no such exception.
6. AB de Villiers fastest 100 of all time
AB de Villiers is one of the best batsmen of the present time. Let’s have a look at his fastest hundred that surprised every cricket fan.
7. Faf du Plessis Catches
The present captain of the South Africa national cricket team is known for his fielding skills as well. If you don’t believe us, then have a look at these spectacular catches caught by him.
8. South Africa vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20
The Sri Lanka tour of South Africa witnessed some of the best matches of both the teams. Here are the highlights of the second T20 match.
9. South Africa vs Pakistan
The super sixes final between Pakistan and South Africa was highly entertaining. You can quickly relive those moments by watching these highlights.
10. South Africa’s greatest comeback
During an ODI match in 2006, it felt like South Africa was going to lose big. The team surprised everyone with their insane performance, which is still considered as their best comeback.
updated by Chief Editor on Nov 19, 2018