England is one of the first teams to play cricket and represents both, England and Wales. Earlier, it also used to represent Scotland as well. It was in 1877 when the first international cricket match was played between England and Australia. Ever since, England has been active in the international cricket scene, winning numerous tournaments. The England cricket team has always been popular due to plenty of reasons. The team has a rich heritage and is celebrated the world over. For all the fans of the England cricket team, we have come up with this dedicated post.
Part 1. England National Cricket Team
The England cricket team is governed by the England and Wales Cricket Board and got an ICC affiliation in 1909. Till date, the team has played 997 test and 707 ODI matches. Out of them, they have won 356 test matches and 350 one-day international matches. The team is also quite active in the T20 tournaments as well.
Even though England has never won a World Cup or an ICC Championship, it has been a runner-up plenty of times. That is, the team has been a runner-up in three World Cup tournaments. The current ranking of the England cricket team is 5th (Test), 3rd (ODI), and 5th (T20). It has maintained the record of holding the 1st position in every format. The team has also won the Ashes tournament 32 times.
Part 2. England Cricket Team Roster
A team is nothing without its players and coaches. If you are a true fan of the England cricket team, then you should know about the English cricket team squad.
Following are some of the key members that are responsible for managing the England cricket team.
• Head coach: Trevor Bayliss
• Batting coach (ODI & T20I): Graham Thorpe
• Batting coach (Test): Mark Ramprakash
• Assistant head coach: Paul Farbrace
• Fast Bowling coach: Chris Silverwood
• Spin bowling consultant: Saqlain Mushtaq
• Fielding coach: Carl Hopkinson
2. England Cricket Team Players
Hundreds of players have represented England internationally. Though, only a few can make it to the official team. Here are all the active members that are a part of the current England cricket team.
• Gary Balance (Left-handed batsman)
• Alastair Cook (Left-handed batsman)
• Alex Hales (Right-handed batsman)
• Keaton Jennings (Left-handed batsman)
• Liam Livingstone (Right-handed batsman)
• Dawid Malan (Left-handed batsman)
• Eoin Morgan (Left-handed batsman, ODI and T20 Captain)
• Joe Root (Right-handed batsman, Test Captain)
• Jason Roy (Right-handed batsman)
• Mark Stoneman (Left-handed batsman)
• James Vince (Right-handed batsman)
• Tom Westley (Right-handed batsman)
• Jonny Bairstow (Wicket-keeper)
• Jos Buttler (Wicket-keeper)
• Sam Billings (Wicket-keeper)
• Ben Foakes (Wicket-keeper)
• Moeen Ali (All-rounder)
• Sam Curran (All-rounder)
• Liam Dawson (All-rounder)
• Adil Rashid (All-rounder)
• Ben Stokes (All-rounder)
• David Willey (All-rounder)
• Chris Woakes (All-rounder)
• James Anderson (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• Jake Ball (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• Stuart Broad (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• Tom Curran (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• Steven Finn (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• Chris Jordan (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• Craig Overton (Right-arm fast-medium bowler)
• Liam Plunkett (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Toby Roland-Jones (Right-arm medium-fast bowler)
• Mark Wood (Right-arm fast bowler)
• Mason Crane (Right-arm leg-break spin bowler)
• Jack Leach (Slow left-arm orthodox spin bowler)
Part 3. Highlights of England Cricket Match
The England cricket team has certainly given plenty of memorable performances over the last few years. Let’s have a look at some of their previous match highlights.
1. Australia bowled at 60 by England
This is the most memorable match in the history of cricket. The England cricket team was on fire when it bowled the entire team of Australia at 60.
2. James Anderson’s Career Best
James Anderson is one of the most celebrated England bowlers. Let’s see the highlights of his 500th wicket and the best performance of this career.
3. England vs. New Zealand 2013
One of the most thrilling T20 matches of all time, both England and New Zealand gave a neck to neck performance in 2013.
4. Stokes Hits Fastest Century At Lord’s
It is every cricketer’s dream to score a century at Lord’s. Though, no one can forget Stokes fastest century that took place at this epic stadium.
5. Jonny Bairstow’s Maiden ODI Century
There is no denying the fact that Jonny Bairstow is one of the best batsmen of all time. He won over our hearts after scoring a maiden century against West Indies earlier in 2017.
6. Nasser Hussain’s Farewell
Nasser Hussain certainly shaped the England cricket team to its best form. No one can forget his farewell when he scored a century. Let’s have a quick look at his last inning here.
7. Stuart Broad: 400 Wickets and Counting
Currently, Stuart Broad is one of the best bowlers that the England cricket team has. Let’s see how he maintained to score 400+ wickets in his career so far.
8. England vs. West Indies 2017
Both England and West Indies are known for their love of cricket. They have faced each other on numerous occasions, but their 2017 match became memorable because of Alastair Cook’s inning.
9. England’s Highest Successful ODI Run Chase
It was in 2015 when England made a record of its highest successful run chase in an ODI. It won the match against New Zealand with this spectacular chase.
10. England Hit Record 408-9
Another record that England made was also while playing against New Zealand in 2015. The team was able to score 408 runs in 50 overs, which is their best till date.
Part 4. Watch England Cricket Team Live Match on Snaptube
If you are a cricket enthusiast, then you should certainly download Snaptube on your Android device. This freely available app has integrated various video sharing and streaming platforms in one place. You can easily search for any video of your choice and watch them anytime you want. From cricket highlights to music videos, you will find all sorts of entertaining videos on Snaptube. It has a fast-loading player that supports the streaming of HD videos. Since it is a freely available app, you can watch as many videos as you want without paying a single dime.
updated by Chief Editor on Apr 13, 2018