Gujarati is one of the most significant languages and cultures in India and other regions around the world, with over 50 million speakers globally. It is the official language in the state of Gujarat, and the territories Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar, both in India. The Gujarat culture is also one of the most vibrant in India, an aspect that it lends to film, music, and other aspects of Gujarati performance arts. In this post, we check out some of the most popular Gujarati song across major genres that ought to be on your playlist in 2017.
- Part 1. Top Gujarati Songs
- Part 2. Gujarati Singer – Top 5 List
- Part 3. App for Listening to Gujarati Song
Part 1. Top Gujarati Songs
Guarati Folk Songs
Folk is a key element of the Gujarati music industry and is often seen in many of the songs from Gujarati-speaking areas. It also has a rich history, with most art forms in this genre passed down from generations. Check out this list of some of the most popular folk songs.
- Samne Kanthe Velada by Damyanti Bardai
- Chando Ugyo Chowkma by Usha Mangeshkar
- Mari Chundadi Na Katka Chaar by Alka Yagnik
- Dudhe Te Bhari Talavdi by Asha Bhostle
- Ramta Jogi Chalo by Dilip Dholakiya
Gujarati Garba Songs
Garba is a form of dance, drama, and song that often conveys the lively and rich tradition of the Gujarati. Garba songs are usually sung in honour of Ambica, a Hindu goddess and an important facet of Hindu culture. In recent times, traditional Garba tunes have undergone drastic changes, becoming a popular song genre across the world laced with pop and other modern genres. Here are some of the biggest hits.
- 4G Data Ni Fashion by Manisha Barot
- Dhanya Maa Tu Jogani by Gaman Santhal (From the popular album, Royal Raja Gman Santhal)
- Yaar Mara Dost by Dj Dilno Anadi
- Moraliyo madhuvan Ma Bolyo by Arvind Barot, Nitin Barot, and Hirabhai Barot
- Sajanji Manaraj by Teena Barot
Gujarati Marriage Song
Like many other aspects of Gujarati life, marriage ceremonies are a critical facet of everyday life. Here are some of the popular songs that are usually sung during marriage ceremonies.
- Aaj Mare Mandade (Sanji) by Trupti Chhaya, Rupal Doshi, Anil Desai, Kirti Punatar, Preeti Kathekar
- Manglashtak by Lagna Geet (From wedding album, Lagna Geet – Gujarati Wedding Songs）
- Amare Angane Avsar by Asha Bhosle
- Mendi Te Vavi Malave by Pinakin Shah
- Kanku Chhanti Kankotri Mokali by Rita Dave and Payal Barot
Gujarati Bhajan Song
Bhajan songs are a devotional genre of the Gujarati music industry, with many titles here including musical Mantras that are sung in honour Vishnu, Shiv, Shakti, and other deities. Check out some popular Bhajan titles you can use during your devotional.
- Ara Ra Ra Madi by Hemant Chauhan
- Bhor Samay Bhavtaran Bhodo by Niranjan Pandya
- Ek Bar Shree Bhole Bhandari by Niranjan Pandya
- Chhote Chhote Shivaji by Gulabben Patel
- Prabhatiya by Mathurbhai Kanjhariya
Part 2. Gujarati Singer – Top 5 List
The Gujarati music industry wouldn’t be anything without its talented pool of singers. Here’s a list of the top trending singers with a few of their popular masterpieces.
1. Falguni Pathak
Falguni Pathak is a Gujarati singer artist and composer who is currently based in Mumbai. Often referred to as the Dandiya Queen, Pathak has been actively singing since 1998, during which she has managed to amass a huge fan base across India.
Masterpieces: Kanha Teri Basuri, (from the 2002 film, Leela); Aha Aha (2002); and Nach Nach Nach (2001).
2. Himesh Reshammiya
Himesh Reshammiya is one of the more accomplished talents out of Gujarati, with different roles as a music director, producer, singer, distributor, actor, and lyricist.
Masterpieces: Aap Kaa Surroor (highly successful music album, released in 2006); Teri Yaad (from the 2016 film, Teraa Surroor); Bachpan Kahan
3. Aishwarya Majmudaar
Aishwarya Majmudaar is one of the youngest singers in the Gujarati music scene. She’s perhaps most popular as one of the youngest winners of the STAR Voice of India – Chhote Ustad, which she won at the tender age of 15.
Masterpieces: Khwahish (movie: Fodi Laishu Yaar, 2016); Manngamtu (movie: Daav Thai Gayo Yaar, 2016); and Thumko Dilli No (Romance Complicated, 2016).
4. Bhikhudan Govindbhai Gadhvi
Bhikhudan Gadhvi is a Gujarati folk singer and songwriter who is also a recipient of the Padma Shri, the Gujarat Gaurav Award, and the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award.
Masterpieces: Gujarat Chhe Amrutdhara; Lok Katha Bhakti Ras; Sheth Sagalsha-Lokvarta
5. Devang Patel
Devang Patel is an Indian actor, singer, dancer, songwriter, performer, director, and film producer from Gujarat with a rich and eventful career spanning over two decades.
Masterpieces: Gambler (1995 film); Smile Please (2004 film); Grand Hall (2017 film).
Part 3. Listen to Gujarati Song on Snaptube
Snaptube is an Android app that lets you draw the best out of your Gujarati entertainment experience. This simple app lets you enjoy various Gujarati titles across multiple platforms, including YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and DailyTube without having to switch between either of them.
Snaptube also gives users a simple and intuitive platform for searching and streaming their favorite titles. With a powerful, onboard search engine, users can simply key in their video or music keywords and find videos across popular media hosting platforms on the internet without using a browser or any other media application on their devices.
updated by Chief Editor on 5月 01, 2020