Do you want to keep a copy of your favorite creator’s reel? Or do you want to show your excellent editing skills by saving and editing the top videos on Instagram? The reasons for downloading Instagram video may be unlimited, but it is not as easy as taking a screenshot of the image. If you are struggling with Instagram video download, then you must have heard of SaveFrom.net.
With just one click, you can download Instagram photos and videos in the best quality without any watermark or other hassle! However, is it really safe and reliable to use? If you want to know the answer, don’t miss the comprehensive review.
Table of content:
- What is SaveFrom.net？
- How does SaveFrom.net work？
- Is SaveFrom.net a virus? Pros & cons
- What can you use instead of SaveFrom.net？
What Can SaveFrom.net Do?
This straightforward Instagram downloader is compatible with any browser, operating software, and device- whether PC, laptop, or mobile phone.
But wait a minute! If you think that visiting the website every time is also time-consuming and tedious, there is a solution! SaveFrom.net has an extension for PC browsers with which you can download any Instagram video with a single click.
You can download any type of Instagram video like reels, stories, normal videos etc.
To use the extension, you need to simply at the SaveFrom.net extension to your browser. Once it gets added, a small icon can be seen when you hover the mouse cursor over the photo or video you want to save from Instagram.
This extension is compatible with all the popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, all Chromium-based browsers and all operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Ubuntu.
The most attractive feature of this site is that you can also download private photos and videos from it. Even if you cannot download the restricted photos and videos through the online portal, you can easily do so with the help of the extension!
How Does SaveFrom.net Work?
To download videos from Instagram using the SaveFrom.net website, you only need to follow 3 small steps:
1. Copy the Instagram photo or video link
When you see the photo or video that you desire to download, copy the link to it. This works for any media, including Instagram videos, photos, IGTV, or reels.
2. Paste the URL on SaveFrom.net
Once the link is copied on the clipboard, go to the SaveFrom.net website and paste it into the given field. If the link you copied is valid, you will see a button on the right side of the field to start the download.
3. Click on the download button
Now, all you have to do is click on download. You will notice that the default setting of the website is to download the video in its best quality. But you can save your data by choosing a lower-quality video or changing the file format while downloading.
Question: Is SaveFrom.net a Virus?
Many people worry about whether it is safe to use Savefrom.net, the good news is that it seems to be safe for now. The following is our in-depth review of SaveFrom.net.
The pros of this site are:
- Easy to use. Anyone can follow its simple guide.
- The website and its extensions are completely free.
- You can download any type of Instagram video and photo without limitation.
- You don’t need to download any app. You can download from Instagram anytime and anywhere.
- Savefrom.net also allows you to download videos from other platforms like Facebook.
And the cons are:
- SaveFrom.net uses various advertising networks since it is a free website. Thus, if you access the website, you may be redirected to other websites that are dubious and may cause unwanted and uncontrolled downloads or installations on your system if not careful.
- These other websites may also demand notification on your browser or maybe from downloading some applications unintentionally.
- If you accidentally give access to these third-party websites or engage with the popups that appear on these pages, you may end up downloading applications that harm your system or redirect you to unfavorable pages.
Overall, Instagram video download via Savefrom.net is a pretty good choice. Affected by its business model, you have to put up with some pop-up ads. If you’re looking for an alternative to Savefrom.net, of course there are quite a few, the best of which is Snaptube.
What Can You Use instead of SaveFrom.net?
If you do not want to fall into the trouble of all these unwanted applications and installations, Snaptube is what you need! Here are the features that make Snaptube better than any other Instagram downloader:
- You can find the Instagram app inside the Snaptube app and log in straight to your profile. Pure 1-click operation.
- Download and save videos to your gallery from Instagram without copying the URL
- It’s completely free to use.
- You can download the video directly from the app in the original quality. The best part is that you can access the download button on each page that contains media files!
- Snaptube supports downloading multiple file types like photos, videos, and audio.
- You can save the media files in their best quality directly to your gallery with just a click!
- The downloaded Instagram videos are saved directly to your phone’s gallery. You can locate a Snaptube video folder within the gallery app on your device or an in-built library ‘My files’ too!
- Snaptube supports downloading videos and music from multiple platforms as well.
FAQs Related to SaveFrom.net
Yes. Savefrom.net is completely free. There are no limitations to downloading as well.
SaveFrom.net Helper helps you to download videos from all the popular video streaming and social networking sites. Batch download of audio and video can be done, and bulk photos can be saved from photo albums on social media websites. You can also regulate the quality of the media you are downloading with the help of this extension.
Though SaveFrom.net is working well for downloading online videos from platforms like Instagram, the overall experience is much better on a 3rd party app like Snaptube. There are no annoying ads that pop up and redirect. Better UI and overall a better app than SaveFrom.net.
updated by Chief Editor on Aug 11, 2022